Basic Boat Info
Engines / Speed
- Make: Volvo
- Model: TAMD 74A
- Drive Type: Direct
- Fuel: Diesel
- Engine Power: 350hp
- Type: Inboard
- Propeller Type: 3 Blade, Bronze, Feathering
- Year: 2002
- Engine Hours: 7000
- Engine Location: Center
Raffles Marina Marina View Lounge
10 Tuas West Drive, SG, 638404
Tel:+65 9819 9026
Type Cruising Cutter Sloop
Builder Palmer Johnson
LOA 87’00” 26.52m
Beam 21’6” 6.55m
Draft (Fore/aft Keels raised) 8’8” 2.64m
Draft (Fore/aft Keels down) 21’0” 6.40m
Flag Marshall Islands
Designer MacLear & Harris Inc
Main Engine 350hp Volvo TAMD 74 A (2002) 7,000hrs
Cruising Speed 8 knots
Displacement 72.5tons 160,000lbs
Ballast 25.0tons 55,000lbs
Guest Accommodations Sleeps 8 guests in 4 cabins plus 1 pullman berth
Crew Accommodations Sleeps 2 in 1 cabin
Aria has recently completed an extensive 20 month refit. During this time the following upgrades were carried out:
- Hull and topsides repainted with AwlGrip Matterhorn White
- Dual retractable in-line keels removed and fully refurbished.
- Rig removed and painted with Awlgrip Matterhorn White
- Rig in-mast wiring renewed.
- New running rigging fitted
- New mast mounted V-CAM halyard jammers .
- New Certified Burmese Teak decks.
- New Lewmar deck hatches.
- New deck prisms for added natural light.
- New hydraulic swim platform.
- New aft awning and surrounding side clear screens.
- New anchor chain 150m stbd and 100m port.
- Engine room was stripped and equipment renewed or refurbished.
- New cockpit fridge Vitri Frigo DT model.
- New surround-sound systems.
- New reverse-cycle air conditioning chiller and blower units throughout.
- New Aquamatic Watermaker 74gph.
- New wiring both AC and DC.
- New batteries.
- New solar panels - consist of 16 x 85watt panels on the coach-roof hardtop.
- New Victron Chargers and Inverter.
- New deckhead linings and all lighting now LED.
- New AC and DC water pumps.
- New AC and DC bilge pumps.
- New galley and equipment.
- New water cooled compressors (6 in total) for the fridges and freezers.
- New Corian surfaces.
- New upholstery.
- New Bathrooms.
- New Marble surfaces
- New heads (toilets) with fresh water flushing.
- New shower heads in 3 bathrooms (RAIN).
- New glass panels (tempered) and custom painted in all Bathrooms.
- New plumbing throughout including bathrooms.
- New mattresses in all cabins with custom fitted sheets with embroidered labels.
- Owners and Guest cabins fitted with pull-down laundry baskets.
Aria offers four guest staterooms, each with en-suite heads. There is a comfortable crew cabin forward. The mid-ship bunk cabin could be used for either guests or crew. The main hatchway descends into the galley to port and dinette area to starboard. Just forward is the comfortable salon.
The “cockpit” offers a vast deck lounge and dining area with a custom hard-top to provide shade and protection from the elements. Built-in seating and multiple tables can accommodate both large groups or smaller, more intimate gatherings. Side gates in the protective cockpit bulwarks offer access to the wide side decks and large open spaces on the fore and aft decks. The deck lounge area is a wonderful al-fresco area for all times of the day and well protected from the elements allowing luxury and comfort while under way. The deck spaces are wide and uncluttered, permitting comfortable passage and movement on deck. A sunbathing area is provided on the foredeck where the tender is currently stowed.
The helm console is midships and well positioned so as not to interfere with the guest areas. The lounge area is just forward of the helm and the dining area aft. Sail-handling is carried from the aft and forward decks - away from guests.
A set of stairs on the centreline leads forward to the salon. The salon is bathed in light from the generous skylights and portholes. Offering contemporary furnishings and décor, accentuated by her spectacular cheery and white oak millwork. An "L" shaped sofa along the port side sits opposite the twin chairs on the starboard side. All headlinings have been replaced in a classic slatted finish that follows the gentle camber of the deck.
Further forward, two similarly sized guest staterooms, port and starboard, offer twin berths, en-suite facilities forward of each cabin complete with a vanity, sink, storage, toilet, and showers. The starboard cabin shower leads to a comfortable crew cabin via a watertight bulkhead. The crew area can be accessed via their private deck hatch or via the stbd guest cabin.
The Owner's stateroom is aft and takes advantage of the entire beam, with island king berth, nightstands, a vanity/desk and a large wardrobe to starboard and a generous number of built-in chest of drawers. Port lights in the hull side and cabin trunk provide great natural lighting and ventilation. An en-suite bathroom is expansive and offers a generous Corian topped vanity with ample storage complete with sink, toilet, and shower.
Note that all cabins have been fitted with new mattresses with custom fitted sheets with embroidered labels for easy identification.
The owner's and guest's cabins have pull-down laundry baskets.
The galley and dinette area are just aft of the salon. The newly appointed galley is to port with plenty of storage, counter-tops, and all the appliances needed to prepare culinary delights. Opposite the galley on the starboard side is the dinette.
The full height walk-in engine room is just aft of the galley a is accessed from the passageway.
All cabins are en-suite and have been elegantly remodelled with marble vanity tops. Every bathroom has a hand held shower-head and three of the cabins have been fitted with new "RAIN" showers. All the plumbing has been renewed throughout including the bathrooms. The attractive glass panels (tempered glass) have been custom painted for safety and longevity. The heads (toilets) are all new 24v PLANOS fresh water heads.
A comfortable athwart-ship sea-going design, the galley has been re worked in an attractive white theme with Corian counter-tops and now features four 200 litre fridges which were designed for efficiency and convenience.. There are two 200 litre freezers under the seating in the starboard side dinette. Six new salt water cooled compressors were installed during the refit, two for each freezer and four for the fridges. These systems are 24VDC.
FORCE 10 Oven c/w extractor hood. Microwave/convection oven and grill. SCOTSMAN Ice machine. New double stainless steel sink. All plumbing throughout the yacht has been replaced with quality push-fit systems.
- Force 10 Oven with hood extractor.
- Ice Machine "Scottsman".
- Double stainless steel sinks.
- Microwave convection oven and grill.
- 4 x 200 litre fridges.
- 2 x 200 freezers under the dinette seating area.
- New 24v compressors for the fridge/freezers.
- A new washer and dryer are fitted in the lazarette.
- Total Power: 350 HP
- Main Engine:
- Engine Brand: Volvo
- Year Built: 2002
- Engine Model: TAMD 74A
- Engine Type: Inboard
- Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
- Engine Hours: 220 since rebuild
- Propeller: 3 blade Hundested Variable Pitch
- Shaft: 3.5 inch stainless steel
- Drive Type: Direct Drive
- Engine Power: 350 HP
- Cruising Speed: 8 knots @ 1250 RPM
- Rebuilt in 2017 with only 220 hours since.
The engine room is walk in, full height and easily accessible via the fore/aft passageway just aft of the galley. The engine room was completely stripped and refurbished. Equipment was either overhauled or replaced. New equipment includes new 25kva Fisher Panda genset, watermaker, fridge compressors, chargers, inverter, wiring, water pumps, bilge pumps and other equipment.
Equipment is carefully laid out to ensure adequate access for servicing and maintenance.
- Fresh Water Tanks: 4 Aluminum (6000 Liters)
- Fuel Tanks: 4 Aluminum (6000 Liters)
- Holding Tanks: 2 Aluminum (400 Liters)
The rigging is discontinuous with three spreaders in line and a jumper strut above the upper spreaders. Dual forestays and three backstays are fitted. The backstays are fitted with hydrualic NAVTEC rams.
Standing rigging is 1x19 stainless steel wire, lower section shrouds are N50 rod. Standing rigging last replaced in 2007, two of the continuous diagonals were replaced in 2012.
During the recent refit, the rig was removed and completely refurbished, including new wiring, new V-CAM jammers for the halyards, new SPECTRA running rigging and the mast was repainted with Matterhorn White AWLGRIP.
- Furling mainsail system - external mast furling is hydraulic by Hood.
- Furling headsail systems by Harken are hydraulic, both replaced 2007.
- Mast removed and standing rigging replaced in 2005.
- Running rigging new 2017.
- Wiring replaced in the mast in 2017, and mainsail furler rebuilt 2011.
- 3 x Hydraulic backstay rams replaced in 2011.
Fitted on the Mast:
- Anchor light
- Steaming light
- Red over green
- Red over red
- RC searchlight
- Deck floods
- Original KAHLENBERG airhorn
- Forward facing infra red video camera
- SAILOR Fleet Broadband 33 antenna
- Two 4G WiFi antennas
- 48nm HD colour radome
Aria's sail-plan was specifically designed for easy handling with minimal crew.
The current sails are by Hood (2008) and have been refurbished by Rolly Tasker's loft in Phuket.
They consist of the main, genoa and staysail.
One of the most beautiful features is the new teak decking. This has been painstakingly selected and laid by master craftsmen. Note that this is Certified Burmese Teak and all provenance records are available on board. The foresail furlers are by Harken and the mainsail furler is provided by Hood.
Aft deck winches consist of:
- 2 x Lewmar Custom reversible 2-speed 1200
- 4 x Barient #62
Mast winches consist of:
- 2 x Barient #62
- 1 x Barient #62
There are 4 large dorade vents on the forward coachroof deck.
Freshwater washdown and shower outlets are fitted.
New Lewmar deck hatches have been fitted - 8 in total.
New deck prisms have been fitted - 10 in total.
Stern boarding swim-platform and swim-ladder.
The tender is a new AB Aluminium 14ft model (AB14ALX) RIB. This is a top of the line edition with teak decks, centre console and custom Sunbrella sponson "chap" covers.
It is fitted with a new Yamaha 4-stroke outboard with matching Sunbrella cover.
New chocks were also custom fitted for the tender to be secured to the foredeck. Four secure lifting eyes are welded in at the factory for ease of lifting.
The windlass is a heavy duty IDEAL 240volt double gypsy with a vertically mounted central capstan.
- 2 x 50kg CQR anchors.
- 1 x Fortress anchor.
- Stbd Chain - 150m 16mm.
- Port Chain - 100m 16mm.
- Fresh water chain wash system.
- Radar: 48nm colour HD radome
- Autopilot c/w RAYMARINE 300 corepack
- Three RAYMARINE Hybrid Touch plotters: 1 x e165 (16 inch) and 2 x e195.
- Sonar/Depth: RAYMARINE
- Compass: Danforth Constellation
- AIS Class B
- Genset #1: Northern Lights 25kva new in 2008 (4,000 hrs)
- Genset #2: Fisher Panda 25kva new in 2017 (500 hrs)
Batteries & Electrics
- 16 solar panels, 85 watts each, 24VDC
- 3000 watt Victron inverter
- 3 Victon battery chargers
- House batteries are 8 x 6VDC ROLLS premium batteries
- 4 x starter batteries
- Separate battery bank and charger for winches in lazarette
All the above are new plus all wiring was replaced during the refit.
Shore power inlet -both port and starboard connections with 1 for house and 1 for aircon on each side.
Electrical Circuit: 240V on shore power with 110 volt sockets down below.
- Liferaft: VIKING 10 person life raft. (new in 2014) Serviced in 07/18.
- EPIRB: 2 x ACR EPIRB's (2017).
- Life Jackets: 20 life jackets.
- Fire extinguishers: As required throughout.
- Automatic Fire Extinguisher system: Fitted in engine room.
- Fire Pumps: Yes with fire hydrant in cockpit c/w fire hose.
Located on the large open aft deck, the lazarette houses technical equipment such as the Navtec Hydraulic Panel for backstay tensioning and the electric winch's battery and charger system. There is also an eco-friendly oil sump transfer and storage system which keeps oil changes out of the bilges.
Additionally, a new washer and dryer has been installed. This is also the location for the dive bottles, spare running rigging, deck hardware and sundry equipment.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.